Tara Mackey is the founder and CEO of The Organic Life, a successful holistic and sustainable living platform, and is a widely recognized activist with a tribe of over 1 million followers on her blog and social media. She founded the organic skincare company Genetix and is the #1 best-selling author of Cured by Nature and WILD Habits.
Mackey, who has a background in psychology and genetics, left a coveted position at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2011 to travel to California to explore natural healing, yoga and meditation. That same year she began utilizing holistic techniques to heal her chronic illnesses, going cold turkey off of fourteen daily medications, and healing herself naturally. She’s been on a conscious quest to move humanity in a more sustainable, healthy, and holistic direction ever since.
Mackey was named “an accomplished musician” by Forbes and “a powerful voice in the smart, sexy, sustainable movement” by Coco Eco Magazine. Tara’s been recognized with numerous awards and nominations for her activism and entrepreneurship by giants like Oprah Magazine, Teen Vogue, Women’s Health, ABC, CBS, the United States Senate and many more. She resides in San Diego, California. Find her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Tara grew up in New York and road tripped to LA in 2011 (without ever visiting) with $300 to her name. She has lived in California ever since.
- Tara came off 14 Rx drugs cold turkey in 2011 and started healing her chronic illnesses holistically, a move she says drastically changed her life.
- Tara is also a soul singer and has directed two original music videos.
- Mackey has been drug and chemical free for seven years, treating all ailments with natural remedies.
- She was raised by her grandparents.
- Tara is of mixed race.
- She has taken her motivational speaking worldwide and has been a guest on many podcasts, blogs, TV and radio shows.
- Mackey has a background in Psychology and Genetics but ultimately left her position at Weill Cornell Medical College to travel to California and explore natural healing, yoga and meditation.
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN FEATURING OR BOOKING TARA PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
Press Photos (click to enlarge):
All Photographs above are by Alina Mendoza. Please credit when used.
Read Tara’s Press Articles